Some physics

If you want to say something that doesent fit anywhere else!
MAIN WEBSITE: http://www.wheelchairdriver.com

Some physics

Postby Burgerman » 07 Jan 2019, 06:39

That nobody else cares about.

Benn trying to understand why light speed is the limit. Not the fact that nothing can exceed it, I get that, and understand why. But why it HAS a limit. Everything mass less has no option but to go at light speed in a vacuum. Why is it that speed?

I just got it. The universe couldn't care less about the speed of light. Only the speed of causality.

New question. Why is the speed of causality fixed and a specific value? It has to do with the fundamental constants of Lorentz transformation. Must sleep its 5.40.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Re: Some physics

Postby Scooterman » 07 Jan 2019, 18:55

I know why, at least I think I do the difference between the actual universe and observable universe. It's got something to do with the expansion of the universe expanding faster and faster further away from you. Think cooking a currant bun. At the observable universe boundary the expansion of spacetime exceeds the speed of light.

Lagrangian points, they're interesting. I used to be really into astronomy, telescopes and everything :geek: . Bit cold for me now :oops:
Scooterman

Postby Burgerman » 07 Jan 2019, 20:02

Yes I get that space expands everywhere equally, and so parts beyond the observable speed of light bit, may be infinitely distant and infinitely fast. What has always bothered me is WHY light speed is the speed that it is.

And it turns out not to be about light at all. Its the speed that information allows. So the speed of causality. In other words real scientists that actually take physics seriously, will tell you that EVERYTHING is causal. Every atom or every event simply follows on from what went before it. So things like thought, or planets forming, all the same thing. You could trace every event since the start of the universe back to a single point just using a lot of accurate math. If you knew the velocity of every single particle in the universe right now. Whats more you could do the same with the future. And predict every event that will ever happen to the end of time. Including the quantum physical universe. We cant predict those now, but the idea is that, beyond the conditions and laws we can understand or measure, there are also hidden factors that determine in which order the atoms or photons reach the detector screen in the double slit experiment for e.g. So the universe is absolutely determined, but we lack knowledge of the determinant factors at least for now. So they proceed in a deterministic way regardless. Same thing with atom decay as in radioactivity. We dont know when an atom will decay, but that doesn't mean its actually a random event, just one we dont yet understand.

Now, according to the laws of physics, anything mass less in a vacuum, can only travel at light speed. But its not about light. It would go at an infinite speed if it wasn't for the speed of causality. So now I am trying to figure out why causality has a specific speed...
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby expresso » 07 Jan 2019, 23:01

i believe if i heard correctly from watching those Natgeo - space docs at night - everything is moving away - - the Moon about 2 inches a year - ? if thats the case -shouldnt it have been long out sight by now ?

another question came to mind lately - why is everything Round - all our planets etc, - why didnt some end up as squares or different shapes - - most all that are fully formed are round - - leaving out space junk from things in all different shapes or sizes -

why couldnt a square planet form and float around - just like our round planets
Quickie P222se - 60ah ADD ON
Quickie S646se - 150ah LifePo4
Quickie P220 - Indoor Chair
Bounder Plus - 100ah LifePo4
expresso

Postby expresso » 07 Jan 2019, 23:08

From Dust we are formed and from Dust we go - this is why i dont dust - it may be a friend :lol:
Quickie P222se - 60ah ADD ON
Quickie S646se - 150ah LifePo4
Quickie P220 - Indoor Chair
Bounder Plus - 100ah LifePo4
expresso

Postby greybeard » 07 Jan 2019, 23:11

<why couldnt a square planet form and float around>

I would guess that's all to do with centrifugal force or gravity pulling everything towards the centre of mass, or both. Neither would allow sharp corners.
greybeard

Postby Scooterman » 09 Jan 2019, 13:57

When we gonna get a quantum computer and a fusion reactor?
Scooterman

Postby Scooterman » 09 Jan 2019, 14:06

Burgerman wrote: EVERYTHING is causal. Every atom or every event simply follows on from what went before it. So things like thought, or planets forming, all the same thing. You could trace every event since the start of the universe back to a single point just using a lot of accurate math. If you knew the velocity of every single particle in the universe right now. Whats more you could do the same with the future. And predict every event that will ever happen to the end of time. Including the quantum physical universe. We cant predict those now, but the idea is that, beyond the conditions and laws we can understand or measure, there are also hidden factors that determine in which order the atoms or photons reach the detector screen in the double slit experiment for e.g. So the universe is absolutely determined, but we lack knowledge of the determinant factors at least for now. So they proceed in a deterministic way regardless. Same thing with atom decay as in radioactivity. We dont know when an atom will decay, but that doesn't mean its actually a random event, just one we dont yet understand.

Now, according to the laws of physics, anything mass less in a vacuum, can only travel at light speed. But its not about light. It would go at an infinite speed if it wasn't for the speed of causality. So now I am trying to figure out why causality has a specific speed...

Hmmm that is quite interesting... Also quantum particles pop in and out of existence at random according to our current understanding. But not random to possible future understanding of what you sat is correct.

And what about spin?. Apparently you can have matching particles millions of light years apart and yet one will spin in sympathy with the other? czy
Scooterman

Postby Burgerman » 09 Jan 2019, 22:40

Hmmm that is quite interesting... Also quantum particles pop in and out of existence at random according to our current understanding. But not random to possible future understanding of what you sat is correct.

And what about spin?. Apparently you can have matching particles millions of light years apart and yet one will spin in sympathy with the other? czy

When you look at a quantum partical (measure it) then it ceases to be a wave of probability. It becomes a fully deterministic, understandable thing. Do you remember shrodingers cat thought experiment?

The cats life becomes a macro example of something that is controlled by a quantum event. That cat is therefore alive and dead at the same time, until observed or measured if you prefer. When you open the box, the cat is observed to be dead OR alive. In fact the cat is still both. Its the universe that becomes two versions. You observe both events, and do so in two ever seperate universes. The you that saw it dead is convinced he is correct. The you that saw it alive, thinks the same. This splitting thing is a natural consequence of simply following what the physics says really happens. It also means that the quantum event (the quantum uncertainty, the probability wave colapse, never changes the fact of absolute determinism, in YOUR universe. This is all true if you take the physics at face value. The problem is that people dont want to believe it.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Gnomatic » 10 Jan 2019, 04:05

Gnomatic

Postby Burgerman » 10 Jan 2019, 07:23

There seems to be a lot of truth in that. :clap
Burgerman
Site Admin

Postby Scooterman » 11 Jan 2019, 19:22

Burgerman wrote:

When you look at a quantum partical (measure it) then it ceases to be a wave of probability. It becomes a fully deterministic, understandable thing. Do you remember shrodingers cat thought experiment?

The cats life becomes a macro example of something that is controlled by a quantum event. That cat is therefore alive and dead at the same time, until observed or measured if you prefer. When you open the box, the cat is observed to be dead OR alive. In fact the cat is still both. Its the universe that becomes two versions. You observe both events, and do so in two ever seperate universes. The you that saw it dead is convinced he is correct. The you that saw it alive, thinks the same. This splitting thing is a natural consequence of simply following what the physics says really happens. It also means that the quantum event (the quantum uncertainty, the probability wave colapse, never changes the fact of absolute determinism, in YOUR universe. This is all true if you take the physics at face value. The problem is that people dont want to believe it.

I get that :thumbup: And I know about shrodingers cat, he's a mate of Pavlov's dog isn't he?

The woo woo brigade jumped on quantum mechanics as validation of psychic phenomena :bounce

I watched these years ago and read his QED for numptees book. Feynman is a great bloke :worship

https://youtu.be/eqtuNXWT0mo
Scooterman

Postby Burgerman » 11 Jan 2019, 21:54

"If you can't explain something in a simple manner, you don't understand it." Richard Feynman

Except quantum physics and relativity.
Burgerman
Site Admin

Return to Anything