US voting

If you want to say something that doesent fit anywhere else!
MAIN WEBSITE: http://www.wheelchairdriver.com

US voting

Postby Burgerman » 06 Nov 2018, 20:20

Not sure what I would do.

Theres a choice between the liberal socialists which is a definite no way on earth...
And trump who is mentally challenged, rude, and an embarrassment and unstable. But his policies are right. The results prove it. Other than trade tariffs which will eventually hurt the US as well as everyone else..

So I would have to vote trump... :cussing :( :x

As usual, you have to choose the least worse!
User avatar
Burgerman
Site Admin
 
Posts: 41174
Joined: 27 May 2008, 21:24
Location: United Kingdom

Re: US voting

Postby greybeard » 06 Nov 2018, 20:33

Whatever faults you may think Trump has, the Americans can at least vote for him as the least bad. With the tories and labour being equally bad, we don't have that option unless we have faith that For Britain or UKIP get their act together to become creditable parties by 2020 - hopefully by working together. If they don't we have no creditable, trustworthy alternative.
greybeard
 
Posts: 489
Joined: 28 Aug 2014, 20:15
Location: Dorset, UK

Re: US voting

Postby Burgerman » 06 Nov 2018, 21:05

To me, corbyn the Marxist totalitarian is simply UN-votable in any way. He will bankrupt the country in short order. Taking 20 to 30 years to recover from 4 years in power. Makes any worry over brexit irrelevant. And again most of his party are remainers. In my local town we voted over 70% leave. And our MP is a labour idiot called malanie onn. She loves the EU. And she too is a Marxist. So not a cat in hells chance of a labour vote.

Conservatives are no longer conservative. Its run by 65% remainers, and liberals. And is neither ight nor left, and are pretty socialist in many ways. They are less damaging than labour but not by as much as should be the case. We no longer have any right, or centre right party to vote for.

Liberal party? Diversity loving, EU loving only need apply. Do me a favour!

So that only leave conservatives that you CAN vote for. But with big worries.

Theres no centre right, brexit party. And there should be.
User avatar
Burgerman
Site Admin
 
Posts: 41174
Joined: 27 May 2008, 21:24
Location: United Kingdom

Re: US voting

Postby Burgerman » 07 Nov 2018, 00:29

Trump seems to be doing pretty well considering! And the BBC have a lot of sad faces and lots of negativity, and CNN are not too keen either. https://edition.cnn.com/politics/live-n ... index.html

Although only indiana and kentucky so far! Why AM I watching YOUR american elections? :cussing
User avatar
Burgerman
Site Admin
 
Posts: 41174
Joined: 27 May 2008, 21:24
Location: United Kingdom

Re: US voting

Postby Burgerman » 07 Nov 2018, 12:14

Not so good now!
User avatar
Burgerman
Site Admin
 
Posts: 41174
Joined: 27 May 2008, 21:24
Location: United Kingdom

Re: US voting

Postby Gnomatic » 07 Nov 2018, 16:39

This election was kinda meh. Trump's party lost a lot of seats in the House, enough to lose control of it and a bit more. But it was about the typical amount of seats the Pretident's party loses in their first midterm elections on average. In the Senate, Republicans faired better, picking up a few seats. But given the degree that the Senate map was stacked in their favor this go around, it wasn't a surprise at all.

The one thing that stood out to me a bit was Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin, the three state Trump unexpectedly won in 2016 which handed him the Presidency, all three now have Democratic governors.

But really, there are no surprises or shockers coming out of last night as a whole.
Gnomatic
 
Posts: 1242
Joined: 24 Aug 2012, 17:18
Location: Ohio USA

Re: US voting

Postby MichaelB » 07 Nov 2018, 16:53

Trump's economic policies aren't what they seem. His tax cuts for the rich are impacting on the deficit expected to top $1tn, interest payments on it are high and the fed hasn't helped by increasing interest rates hence Trump is pissed at them. It can't continue long term.

There was an interesting statistic early this week that the number of people getting into new jobs which Trump goes on about is actually the same as the last 2 years of the Obama administration.

I always go to https://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/ and check out his lies, some of them are incredible no wonder the Democrats won so many seats.

It is going to be interesting to see how he copes unable to change anything other than by executive order.

It is not just Corbyn I couldn't vote for Abbott, McDonald? They could not put a government together. There is no party capable of sorting this mess out, it'll end up with coalitions eventually
MichaelB
 
Posts: 259
Joined: 27 Mar 2015, 19:07

Re: US voting

Postby Gnomatic » 07 Nov 2018, 17:27

MichaelB wrote:Trump's economic policies aren't what they seem. His tax cuts for the rich are impacting on the deficit expected to top $1tn, interest payments on it are high and the fed hasn't helped by increasing interest rates hence Trump is pissed at them. It can't continue long term.


This is right. Republicans who claim to be the party of fiscal responsibility almost always balloon the budget deficit when in power. Trump is no different. His tax cuts for the Warren Buffet's of the world and other spending have increased the deficit 17% in one year. And its a number poised to grow as time moves forward under his policies.
Gnomatic
 
Posts: 1242
Joined: 24 Aug 2012, 17:18
Location: Ohio USA

Re: US voting

Postby MichaelB » 07 Nov 2018, 18:45

Gnomatic wrote:
MichaelB wrote:Trump's economic policies aren't what they seem. His tax cuts for the rich are impacting on the deficit expected to top $1tn, interest payments on it are high and the fed hasn't helped by increasing interest rates hence Trump is pissed at them. It can't continue long term.


This is right. Republicans who claim to be the party of fiscal responsibility almost always balloon the budget deficit when in power. Trump is no different. His tax cuts for the Warren Buffet's of the world and other spending have increased the deficit 17% in one year. And its a number poised to grow as time moves forward under his policies.


Obama had years of high deficits but was dealing with the problems of the banking crash. Trump is just giving money to his mates and letting the working man pick up the bill whilst telling him he is better off.

A con man as well as a liar.
MichaelB
 
Posts: 259
Joined: 27 Mar 2015, 19:07

Re: US voting

Postby Burgerman » 07 Nov 2018, 21:28

I disagree. Employment up, wages pressure therefore climbing, and business and investment in the US up too. All those things will if allowed to stay for 5 or 10 years make the countyry as a whole richer. Caused by tax cuts mostly. But trump is still a mental case, a liar, and not normal. And his trade wars will hurt the US as well as everyone else. Destroying his good work. The alternative, letting the loony leftist socialists in is however more suicidal.
User avatar
Burgerman
Site Admin
 
Posts: 41174
Joined: 27 May 2008, 21:24
Location: United Kingdom

Re: US voting

Postby Gnomatic » 08 Nov 2018, 00:45

Its more complicated than that. Bill Clinton raised taxes on individuals and corporations, and the economy roared a few years later. The Federal government ran a budget surplus as tax revenues came pouring in. And he got tons of political credit for it. Was it deserved? I doubt you would agree.

The economy has been growing and unemployment has been falling since long before Trump got in office. He's not even been in office two years and its strange to on one hand give him credit for lower unemployment and growing economy(existing trends) and turn around and say any benefits to his policies won't be felt for 5 or 10 years.
Gnomatic
 
Posts: 1242
Joined: 24 Aug 2012, 17:18
Location: Ohio USA

Re: US voting

Postby Burgerman » 08 Nov 2018, 01:20

Its more complicated than that. Bill Clinton raised taxes on individuals and corporations, and the economy roared a few years later. The Federal government ran a budget surplus as tax revenues came pouring in. And he got tons of political credit for it. Was it deserved? I doubt you would agree.


Correct. It takes a decade, at least before such changes take enough effect to really make changes to the economy. Or more.

And the rest of your post is correct.
User avatar
Burgerman
Site Admin
 
Posts: 41174
Joined: 27 May 2008, 21:24
Location: United Kingdom

Re: US voting

Postby sacharlie » 08 Nov 2018, 13:17

Interesting reporting yesterday, the CARAVAN has suddenly stopped, in Mexico City. Well yeah, the election is over. Wonder who was funding that parade, Who knows; Fox news, the Republicans, the Russians, the Saudi Prince, or just Trumpkins.
Here in the USA GREED is GLORIFIED. The TOP 0.25% live off the backs of the WORKING MIDDLE CLASS.
sacharlie
 
Posts: 1238
Joined: 01 Aug 2010, 18:52
Location: San Antonio,Texas,USA

Re: US voting

Postby Burgerman » 08 Nov 2018, 15:02

Conspiracy theory again??? eatcursor
User avatar
Burgerman
Site Admin
 
Posts: 41174
Joined: 27 May 2008, 21:24
Location: United Kingdom

Re: US voting

Postby sacharlie » 08 Nov 2018, 15:23

Reality! As usual. drunk2
Here in the USA GREED is GLORIFIED. The TOP 0.25% live off the backs of the WORKING MIDDLE CLASS.
sacharlie
 
Posts: 1238
Joined: 01 Aug 2010, 18:52
Location: San Antonio,Texas,USA

Re: US voting

Postby Burgerman » 08 Nov 2018, 19:29

How do you spot a nutjob conspiracy theory? You look for the supporting evidence. To see how they came to their conclusion. And as expected, its completely missing.
User avatar
Burgerman
Site Admin
 
Posts: 41174
Joined: 27 May 2008, 21:24
Location: United Kingdom

Re: US voting

Postby sacharlie » 08 Nov 2018, 21:03

Well central and south Americans fleeing don't march in parades.
That ought to tell you something. banghead
Here in the USA GREED is GLORIFIED. The TOP 0.25% live off the backs of the WORKING MIDDLE CLASS.
sacharlie
 
Posts: 1238
Joined: 01 Aug 2010, 18:52
Location: San Antonio,Texas,USA

Re: US voting

Postby Burgerman » 08 Nov 2018, 22:07

No it shouldn't tell me a thing that is useful. Or you. The time to believe anything, is when the evidence shows it to be correct beyond reasonable doubt. Because otherwise you will believe any old bullshit any fruitcake claims. As we know you already do.
User avatar
Burgerman
Site Admin
 
Posts: 41174
Joined: 27 May 2008, 21:24
Location: United Kingdom

Re: US voting

Postby sacharlie » 08 Nov 2018, 22:46

And timing is everything. :lol:
Here in the USA GREED is GLORIFIED. The TOP 0.25% live off the backs of the WORKING MIDDLE CLASS.
sacharlie
 
Posts: 1238
Joined: 01 Aug 2010, 18:52
Location: San Antonio,Texas,USA

Re: US voting

Postby Burgerman » 08 Nov 2018, 22:48

Not unless you have EVIDENCE of some big master plan its not.

Bill couldn't even get a blow job without being found out. Theres no way any government office can keep a secret and it would involve hundreds or thousands of people. Your unsupported conspiracy theory is ridiculous.
User avatar
Burgerman
Site Admin
 
Posts: 41174
Joined: 27 May 2008, 21:24
Location: United Kingdom

Re: US voting

Postby sacharlie » 08 Nov 2018, 23:40

Coyotes bring those same people across the border every day in little groups of a couple dozen or less. It's a business for them, both people and drugs. It was nothing, easier in fact for the coyotes to stage a parade, down there, 3 weeks before an election. The people up here saw right thru it all and it's a laughing joke, the parade is over. But the question is who paid for it.
Here in the USA GREED is GLORIFIED. The TOP 0.25% live off the backs of the WORKING MIDDLE CLASS.
sacharlie
 
Posts: 1238
Joined: 01 Aug 2010, 18:52
Location: San Antonio,Texas,USA

Re: US voting

Postby Burgerman » 08 Nov 2018, 23:53

You dont do logic or reason do you.

The question isn't "who paid for it" at all, it is why do you believe such conspiracy theory crap with no supporting evidence. Theres something wrong with your thinking equipment. Theres a lot of unhinged nutters in the US. And conspiracy theory stuff is comforting to them somehow. They usually have more than 1 conspiracy theory at a time. Theres another consp. theory that trump is a lizard person with a human suit on. Do you believe that too? How about moon landings? Trade centres? Flat earthers? All have 1 thing in common. No supporting evidence and a lot of weirdos on the web.
User avatar
Burgerman
Site Admin
 
Posts: 41174
Joined: 27 May 2008, 21:24
Location: United Kingdom

Re: US voting

Postby Vitolds » 09 Nov 2018, 02:48

sacharlie wrote:Interesting reporting yesterday, the CARAVAN has suddenly stopped, in Mexico City. Well yeah, the election is over. Wonder who was funding that parade, Who knows; Fox news, the Republicans, the Russians, the Saudi Prince, or just Trumpkins.

of course Russians! :wave:
Vitolds
 
Posts: 402
Joined: 26 Mar 2014, 22:12
Location: Moscow Russia

Re: US voting

Postby Burgerman » 09 Nov 2018, 03:05

:fencing
User avatar
Burgerman
Site Admin
 
Posts: 41174
Joined: 27 May 2008, 21:24
Location: United Kingdom

Re: US voting

Postby Gnomatic » 09 Nov 2018, 03:46

Fox News, the 'news' portion being laughable, let people go on air claiming this supposed caravan was filled with people who had smallpox. So while I'm not going to put my tinfoil hat on and say the caravan was staged, I will state the obvious: Fox(and their peers) are nothing more than propaganda. Not a new revelation, just another example.
Gnomatic
 
Posts: 1242
Joined: 24 Aug 2012, 17:18
Location: Ohio USA

Re: US voting

Postby Burgerman » 09 Nov 2018, 10:35

Every paper is full of it. Its no longer about accuracy of news, but clicks. Ads. Money. Fox is comical, and obviously leans right and makes it up as they go along. Most of the media are equally far but left biased and some extremely biased to the left/liberal, and I simply cant read their drivel. The BBC is heavily biased against trump, brexit, the US, and loves anything muslim or anti Israel. It loves socialism and loves Palestine. I watch it in disgust but they dont even know that they ARE biased. On screen every story, every interview, every person has to be black, muslim, gay, or or some combination or worse or the story must be about muslims or hate speech, or something. Its also so obviously pushing diversity to the point of being ridiculous! Its illegal to be white or hetero or male on the BBC even though thats 85% of the population. They hate anyone with an opinion that isn't heavily overly diverse or liberal. They hate that theres a huge rise of the right in the EU. They go on and on about the violence and stabbings, and crime in london, but never mention that its almost entirely a black problem. They see attacks by muslims, and never say that word, because they LOVE muslims. They go so far out of their way to avoid this muslim word every time theres another attack, that its comical. Most of the media are this way. Most political's are the same. Other opinions (like the brexit one) are always shut down or portrayed with disgust. Progressives, liberals and socialists wall to wall.

So you need to understand this, and read a bunch of papers/news channel and use your bias filter to get some idea of reality. Caravan wasn't staged, its full of desperate people that all sort of joined up as it went along. They are short of food and safety. So nothing to lose. And still going on. Trump just used it to his advantage. But then trump is a mentalist and a liar. sacharlie is just a conspiracy theory nut. The web is full of them.
User avatar
Burgerman
Site Admin
 
Posts: 41174
Joined: 27 May 2008, 21:24
Location: United Kingdom

Re: US voting

Postby Burgerman » 09 Nov 2018, 12:37

https://www.ethnicity-facts-figures.service.gov.uk/

87 percent of the UK are white according to the government.

13 percent are black, Asian, Chinese.

Yet every program and subject, or news reader, or bar, or group of people on the BBC is around half non white. Why do I need it rammed down my throat day after day? And its Not just the BBC.
User avatar
Burgerman
Site Admin
 
Posts: 41174
Joined: 27 May 2008, 21:24
Location: United Kingdom

Re: US voting

Postby sacharlie » 09 Nov 2018, 19:19

Did you see the Press Tantrum president chaos gave Wednesday? Really funny to see.
Here in the USA GREED is GLORIFIED. The TOP 0.25% live off the backs of the WORKING MIDDLE CLASS.
sacharlie
 
Posts: 1238
Joined: 01 Aug 2010, 18:52
Location: San Antonio,Texas,USA

Re: US voting

Postby Burgerman » 09 Nov 2018, 20:58

Yes. Fun. We know most of the media ARE biased, to the liberal, left, and pro multiculturalist/globalist/metro-sexual and everyone is equal even when they are plainly not! Its why they cant bring themselves to see the muslim problem. They wont even SAY it. They cant now even say "islamic state" and say "the so called" Islamic state. They wont accept the truth if it upsets their everyone equal ideology. Every attack, the word muslim is missing. Days of coverage, never that word. Facts dont matter. And their stories are therefore very negative towards anyone with a non progressive liberal opinion. So its quite correct that trump doesn't like the press. I dont either. More than half the country however voted him in. And my country voted OUT of the EU. But the media, the political elites, and the TV just dont get it. I mean they know we are wrong and they are right. So how can it possibly be happening!

The odd thing is, I know a few media people pretty well. One works at the Biased Broadcasting Company. He says they are NOT biased and gets very angry. Because everyone there thinks the same way. They are all pulled from the edu establishments, the elites, all brainwashed into the same garbage. They are taught a sanitized version of history in their EDU establishments, and taught how Marxism is a fairer system. They are never taught about the hundreds of millions of deaths, or all the suffering and lack of freedom this always results in before the inevitable collapse. They all love Marxism. And hate "greedy capitalism" since thats not fair. In spite of the fact that all the countries with the least suffering and greatest wealth are ALL capitalist! They dont get that equality of opportunity, is better than equality of outcome. One destroys, one creates.

And all mostly have the same view. The BBC however genuinely think they are unbiased! They are all pro free choice, pro anything. Unless its not their own view. Then they go mental and you have no rights, and are no platformed. Basically the BBC is a socialist club, funded extravagantly in a socialistic way, that allows them to push their opinion onto the country year on year But people are sick to death of it.
User avatar
Burgerman
Site Admin
 
Posts: 41174
Joined: 27 May 2008, 21:24
Location: United Kingdom

Re: US voting

Postby Gnomatic » 09 Nov 2018, 21:17

Burgerman wrote:More than half the country however voted him in
No. Trump got about 46% of the vote. His main opponent got 48%. Neither got a majority of votes cast. Trump won the electoral college vote, which is what determines the winner in our system. Its rare(or at least it used to be) that the popular vote winner and electoral college winner are not the same candidate. But it does happen.
Gnomatic
 
Posts: 1242
Joined: 24 Aug 2012, 17:18
Location: Ohio USA

Next

Return to Anything

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bumbaloto and 11 guests

 

  eXTReMe Tracker